The Daily Gwen

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

that little face




My dad (Bernie) looked at this picture and said, "wow! She sure looks different than she did 1 1/2 weeks ago!" This, you must understand, is bitter sweet to me.

Having a look on her just a few minutes ago, I saw her sleeping and breathing softly. I can't explain how it feels to turn my back and leave the room. Normally I walk backwards a little, but seeing her move away as I back up is not much more comforting. I feel like if I go to sleep tonight, I might wake up and she'll be much older, and these tender moments will be long gone and I'll be left to only my memories.

I feel like the time is slipping between my fingers. The precious moments, too short for me to grasp in my fumbling hands.

Please stay like this forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home